Chicken Nuggets are a huge hit with kids, but I know plenty of adults (like myself) that enjoy them as well, however Chicken Nuggets also make a quick and easy camping meal or snack. The following recipe will walk you through making great chicken nuggets for two people and preparing them while camping. For this recipe we are going to do some prep work at home, before we go camping.
2 – Large chicken breasts
2 – Cups bread crumbs
1 – Egg
4 – Tablespoons of vegetable oil
Other Items You Will Need
- Container for finished chicken nuggets
- Condiments – Ketchup, mustard, wing sauce, bbq sauce, ranch, etc.
- Camping Grill/Stove
- Aluminum Foil
- Paper Towels
Preparation – Prior to Camping
- Cut chicken into square 1 inch pieces
- In a bowl, whisk one egg
- In another bowl, add bread crumbs
- Place a large frying pan on the stove, coat bottom of pan with vegetable oil. Turn burner on to medium heat to warm the oil in the pan.
- Dip chicken into the egg mix, and them place chicken into bread crumbs and fully cover with crumbs. Place chicken into heated pan to cook.
- Cook chicken on each side until brown. Remove chicken from pan and place on paper towels. Fold paper towel over top of chicken and press down gently to absorb excess oil.
- Place cooled chicken into container for camping.
Preparation – While Camping
- Using about 20 inches of aluminum foil, create a foil boat by crinkling and twisting the ends together.
- Place chicken into foil boat and fold the edges of the opening over to close the opening. Cook on camping grill or stove until chicken is steaming.
- Place heated chicken onto plates and serve with desired condiments.
Serves 2-4 people and requires about 20-30 minutes of preparation time prior to camping and 10-15 minutes while camping.